Thursday, August 27, 2009

Speaker Epic Deveat

The speakers I had installed seemed like epic win. They fit well and cranked out some tunes from my Ipod. Or so I thought.

It wasn't until later I unplugged my Ipod and plugged it into my PC. The noise. Oh the noise. I thought having it plugged into the running PC and into my Ipod was a good test. Apparently not. It had the most horrible line noise ever. So that USB speaker idea went in the bin after hours of trying to fix it. EPIC DEVEAT.

So I ended up going back to my old 2.0 powered speakers, which are working even better.

Deveat (Verb): Something that seems like complete fail, but has a hidden win.
Antonym(s): See VICTOLY


So Ive had to redo the speakers with a powered set. The sound quality is much improved, with NO LINE NOISE. Huzhaa.

Ive also completed the top wiring in terms of 240V power. I had to use a junction box and split of another mains for the powerpack for the new speakers.



Re-done speakers.

Testing the junction wiring

Looks safe

Completed wiring

Ive also done some work on the Jukebox side of things, and neatend up the playlist (also got something for all the album artwork)



EDIT: My first Bubble Bobble Million.

No comments:

Post a Comment