Thursday, April 8, 2010

Audio again?

Ok, so I haven't finished with the audio. I realized I hadn't done the last part - support for external audio.

Playing on the jukebox made me realize just how bad the speakers sound for actual music. I would much prefer to have support for external audio. This will mean a additional cable from the top to the bottom, but I think its worth the effort.

So today I have unsoldered the Line Out adaptor and ran another extension cable for it, so that i can put a Line Out in the bottom . To test this, I whipped out my trusty alligator cables and tested it out. After a bit of fiddling, I have a working Line Out jack that disables the internal speakers when a external source is connected.


Working trial of the external jack - disables internal speakers when external audio is plugged in.

No comments:

Post a Comment