Friday, April 17, 2009

Comander Keeeeeeeeeen

Alright, so I had a lot of emulators working (basically all 2nd gen to 4th gen barring anything that was terribly boring or was exclusively japan/chine) but what about Billy Blaze? Considering I taught myself to read the Standard Galactac Alphabet in high school the oldschool DOS games had to be involved.

So, how do we accomplish this with MAMEWAH in a cabinet-style envoroment?

http://www.dosbox.com/.  Everyone knows of DOSBOX right?

Alright, so I downloaded it, extracted it into my d:/emulators directory, and now what?  How to MAMEWAH it up?

I found it best to run dosbox as the emulator, and have batch files running each file as nessecary.  This means you can run a autohotkey file in there if required, and can run DOSBOX commands to get the cycles right, etc. 

PCGAMES.ini
emulator_commandline                      d:\emulators\dosbox\dosbox.exe "[rompath]\[name].[romext]" -fullscreen -exit {nodosbox}
Runs doxbox, with the argument of the batch file in question, runs in fullscreen (-fullscreen) and exits when the batch file is done (-exit)

Then basically setup your dosgames directory with batch files, and sent mamewahs 'romext' to .bat and point the 'rom' folder to where all your batch files are.

Please note, that a number of games ive installed recently drop outta fullscreen and run at odd speeds - I'm more interested in getting the woodwork done and painted before I fug around too much with software.

No comments:

Post a Comment